Quick inner navigation:
MinerGate is a mining platform as well as a GUI pool. Established in March 2014 by a group of crypto enthusiasts, MinerGate provides two types of mining services:
- Merged mining – lets you mine two cryptocurrencies simultaneously without decreasing your hashrate.
- Smart mining – lets you mine the most profitable cryptocoin at the time with the help of a smart algorithm.
In order to mine the different cryptocurrencies supported on the platform, users can download a GUI or a miner console. For Bitcoin mining, users can also rent hashrate.
Currently, there are over 750,000 users. Most of these users hail from the United States, Vietnam, Ukraine, Brazil, and Russia. MinerGate offers their services worldwide.
Contracts and prices
|Mine||Profit ratio||Return per year||Annual return percentage|
|Hashrate||Daily return||Monthly return||Payback period|
|15,000 GH/s||$8.38||$251.29||373 days|
|Contract length||Profit ration||Annual return||Annual return %|
We came across some MinerGate related customer complaints about logging-in difficulties. In the reviews, some users complain about experiencing difficulties logging in to their accounts because they do not have a verification code.
It should be noted that when you register an account with MinerGate, your email has to be verified before you are able to log-in to your account. To register, you need to provide your email address and a strong password.
You will receive an email with a link. Click on the link to verify your email and activate your account. It is important to note that you will be asked to enable the 2FA security feature. While this is optional, it is highly recommended that you enable the 2FA feature to strengthen the security of your account. You will need to use Google Authenticator to generate a 6-digit code to be used for the login.
It is likely that users on MinerGate who do not enable the 2FA experience trouble logging-in to their accounts. This could mean that a verification code is needed if you are going to be able to log-in to your account. Which means that MinerGate enforces the 2-factor authentication on all accounts for security purposes.
MinerGate charges a 1.5% fee for PPS (Pay per Share) payments and a 1% fee for PPLNS (Pay per N Shares) payments.
The MinerGate pool fees are as follows:
|Currency PPS payment PPLNS payment|
|Zcash – 1 %|
|Bitcoin Gold – 1 %|
|Ethereum – 1 %|
|Ethereum Classic – 1 %|
|Litecoin 1.5 % 1 %|
|Bytecoin 1.5 % 1 %|
|Monero 1.5 % 1 %|
|FantomCoin .5 % 1 %|
|QuazarCoin 1.5 % 1 %|
|DigitalNote 1.5 % 1 %|
|MonetaVerde 1.5 % 1 %|
|Dashcoin 1.5 % 1 %|
|Aeon coin 1.5 % 1 %|
|Infinium-8 1.5 % 1 %|
MinerGate offers a number of features. These features include:
- Smart mining – MinerGate uses a smart algorithm to find the most lucrative cryptocoin to mine. The algorithm switches between cryptocoins to find you the most profitable cryptocoin to mine. But, if you don’t want to use this feature, you can simply turn it off.
- Multi-pool – you can choose from over 8 different cryptocurrencies to mine.
- Merged-mining – this feature allows you to mine two different cryptocurrencies simultaneously without decreasing the hashrate.
- Hardware intensity – MinerGate allows you to mine with your GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) or CPU (Central Processing Unit). You can select how many cores you wish to use for the process. This way you can easily and effectively manage the electricity your PC uses.
- Web-mining – you don’t necessarily need to download the GUI miner console to mine coins. MinerGate enables you to use your internet to mine cryptocurrencies directly on its site.
- Tracking feature – this feature allows you to track your profits on an hourly, daily or weekly basis using their calculator.
- Reward System – the site awards prizes to users who collect MinerGate badges.
- Affiliate program – users can earn anywhere between 35% – 75% on referral commissions.
Is MinerGate safe?
MinerGate is a cloud mining site that enables you to mine two cryptocurrencies without you needing to reduce your hashrate. The setup process is pretty straightforward and has no complicated steps. Just download the appropriate miner console for your OS to start mining your favorite cryptocoin.
When you visit MinerGate’s FAQ page, you will find all the information you need, such as:
- How to open an account
- How to mine
- How to set up your wallet
- How to make withdrawals and deposits
- How to earn rewards.
With that said, is MinerGate a scam? Is it legit? Having done a Google search on what customers have said about MinerGate, we realized that there seems to be a difference of opinion about the site. While some customers claim that the site is good and trustworthy, others have condemned the use of the site stating that it is a scam.
Can I trust MinerGate?
MinerGate provides users with the option of mining some of the most valuable cryptocoins in the cryptomarket, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Monero, and Litecoin. What is most appealing about MinerGate is it offers merged-mining where you can mine two coins at the same time. It also allows users through its smart-mining system to mine the most profitable coin.
Having said that, it should be noted that MinerGate has earned some negative feedback which is a bit worrying. Some users have complained of the site being a scam owing to failed transactions. Others have complained of their deposits not reflecting in their wallets. There have been complaints of zero balances months after investing in a contract, while some users have claimed they have had difficulties making withdrawals.
Unfortunately, these are the kinds of complaints that discourage newbies. So investor beware. Make sure to do your due diligence before investing in a MinerGate contract.
MinerGate has a valid SSL certificate on their site. This means that all your communications to and from your web server and browser are encrypted. Which means that all your mining activities are secure and safe.
MinerGate also offers users the 2Factor authentication security feature to add an extra layer of security to their accounts.
You can reach the MinerGate support team via their ticketing system. You can also get comprehensive information on their FAQ page
There is also a forum on the main website where users can interact and raise their concerns. You can also communicate with their support team via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+).
MinerGate promises fast deposits and withdrawals. But according to the MinerGate community, a lot of the users have experienced difficulties making deposits and withdrawals on the site. It seems that when users make deposits or withdrawals, they experience long delays before the transactions complete.
How to use MinerGate?
- Step 1: Download MinerGate and install it on your Windows, Linux or Mac OS device.
- Step 2: Create an account by entering your email address and a strong password. You will receive a confirmation email. Once you have confirmed your email. You can enable the 2-factor authentication from your profile page. This is optional but highly recommended if you want to enhance their security of your account.
- Step 3: Once you have logged into your account, you are ready to start mining. MinerGate analyzes your computer equipment and then chooses for you the most lucrative cryptocoin to mine based on your hardware, difficulty and market price.
- Step 4: To start mining, click on the “Start Mining” tab, select the number of cores you wish to use for mining, then click “Start.” MinerGate creates a DAG file for each user before they can start mining and this process takes only a few minutes. Once the DAG file has been created, the user can start mining immediately.
MinerGate provides users with crypto mining options that many other mining sites don’t offer. With MinerGate, users have the option of mining the most profitable cryptocoin using their smart algorithm system. They also have the option of mining more than one cryptocoin at the same time without reducing their hashrate.
If you are interested in MinerGate, make sure, however, to do your research first. There are a myriad of user complaints about failed transactions and delayed deposits and withdrawals. While MinerGate provides users with good options for generating an income, based on user reviews, it is clear that caution should be taken.
- Offers 2FA security feature.
- Offers merged and smart mining.
- Low network fees.
- Provides 24/7 support.
- Rewarding affiliate program and reward badge system.
- User complaints about the site stealing user hashrate.
- Unreliable and poor support team.
- Slow deposit and withdrawal times.
Thank you for reading this review. For more reviews, please browse through our website and learn more about other cryptocurrency mining sites and much more.