Ledger Nano S Review
Quick inner navigation:
To store cryptocurrency, you need wallets. The safety at which you would want to store your cryptocurrency dictates your wallet selection. Nowadays, due to hacks and thefts that are happening online, hardware wallets appear to be the best ones, especially in terms of safety. Today, we will particularly concentrate on Ledger Nano S review and try to answer questions such as “Is Ledger Nano S safe?”, “Is Ledger Nano S legit?’ and many more.
What is Ledger Nano S?
Nano S is a hardware wallet. Hardware wallets are the most secure cryptocurrency storage options. They guarantee and provide an unrivaled safety. Irrespective of the type of wallet you opt for, one thing remains paramount; the security of the cryptocurrency you intend to store.
While mobile and desktop wallets will give you more flexibility while accessing your digital money, they are less secure compared to hardware wallets such as the Nano S. The loss of cryptocurrency is irreversible meaning that owners need to select the safest wallet on the market.
Ledger Nano S, as mentioned above, is a hardware wallet. The greatest thing about hardware wallets is the safety. As these work offline they are not vulnerable to online hacks and thefts. As a result, Nano S is a good way of storing a large number of cryptocurrency.
The company behind Ledger Nano S wallets
Ledger is the company behind the Nano S wallet. Ledger has its headquarters in San Francisco, Paris and Vierzon, giving it strategic access to the cryptocurrency and blockchain market. Ledger has been in operation since 2014. The firm’s objective is providing security and infrastructure solutions for both blockchain and cryptocurrency applications.
The Ledger Nano S is a multicurrency wallet allowing cryptocurrency owners to store all their coins under one secure roof. The types of cryptos you can store in the Nano S include:
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Ripple, Dash, Stratis, Komodo, Ark, Expanse, Ubiq, Vertcoin, Viacoin, Neo, Sealthcoin, Stellar, Hcash, digibyte, Peercoin, Qtum, PivX.
Price of Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S currently retails at €79.00 exclusive of tax. The features present in the Leger Nano S guarantees that wallet owners get value for the money spent on the wallet.
Nano S Fees
All Ledger Nano S transactions are subject to transaction fees of the coin.
Programs that support Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S is built for compatibility. Devices using the following Operating Systems are compatible with the Ledger Nano S:
- Linux OS
- Windows 7 and above
- Mac OS 10.8 and above
- Chrome OS
What is in the Ledger Nano S box?
After purchasing your Ledger Nano S wallet, upon opening the box, you will find the following;
- The Ledger Nano S
- USB cable
- Recovery Sheet
What makes the Ledger Nano S special?
The Ledger wallet is one of the best hardware wallets you can use to store your cryptocurrency. The high-end security features in the Ledger Nano S makes it stand out from other hardware wallet variants include;
- Inbuilt Display- The display found on the Ledger Nano S allows crypto owners to check and verify coin transactions.
- Pin codes- Every time the Ledger Nano S is plugged into a computer, the user needs to key in a 4-digit pin.
- Physic confirmation- to confirm any transaction or transfer of your stored coins, you are required to press a button on the device, this provides another great layer of security.
Is Ledger Nano safe?
The Ledger Nano S uses the state-of-the-art Secure Element feature which ensures that private keys aren’t accessible to unauthorized individuals. The wallet guarantees the safety of the cryptocurrency thanks to its ability to store sensitive and confidential data within a tamper-proof secure environment.
The sophisticated security features, ease of use and reliability of the Ledger Nano are the reasons the wallet enjoys massive support and trust from the cryptocurrency community. Since Ledger is committed to improving its products through the adoption of modern and efficient technology, it is expected that its Ledger Nano S community will continue growing. Also look at Ledger wallet twitter: https://twitter.com/LedgerHQ. They have a lot of followers and well known.
The Ledger Nano S boasts of high-end security features. In comparison to other wallets, the Nano S has features like the inbuilt display allow a crypto owner to check and validate all transactions, boosting the wallets overall security.
In the event of a technicality, the Ledger Nano S users can contact the readily available customer support and have their issues solved. The wallet’s round the clock client support also ensures that queries are answered in time.
With the Ledger Nano, the loss of coins from your wallet can be avoided by using the backup feature integrated into the wallet. A Nano S owner’s account and coin details are backed up on a recovery sheet.
Ease of Use
Setting up and using the Ledger Nano is easy. Information on how to set up and use the wallet is available to all Ledger Nano S users as they come with the wallet. Wallet holders can additionally use the comprehensive Nano S online resources to guide them on how to set up and use their wallets.
How to use Ledger Nano S?
- Order your wallet online.
- Connect the Ledger Nano S to your computer using a USB cable and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Choose a pin. Key in a four-digit pin that is you can easily remember. You will use it to access the Nano S every time you plug it into a PC.
- Back up your recovery phrase. This is necessary as you won’t be able to finish setting up your account without backing up the recovery phrase in the order of its appearance.
- Install the ledger apps. You need to install the ledger apps on your computer to use the Ledger Nano. There are more than 50 apps you can install which are available for free.
- Your Ledger wallet is now ready for use. You can now send and receive payments from the wallet. You will use the buttons to verify and validate transactions from the inbuilt screen.
The Ledger Nano S is an excellent cryptocurrency wallet for both beginners and professionals. Whether you are a high roller or an individual intending to use the wallet for small cryptocurrency transactions, the Ledger wallet guarantees to safeguard your coins.
The sophisticated security features integrated into the wallets design such as the inbuilt display and the need to key in a pin before use, act as added security measures to the existing Secure Element feature.
Pros of using Ledger Nano S wallets:
- It is a multi-coin wallet.
- Boasts of sophisticated security features.
- Compatible with multiple platforms.
- Its applications are available freely with guaranteed updates.
- Owners get value for their money thanks to the wallet’s features.
Cons of using Ledger Nano S wallets:
- Expensive for some of us.
These wallets are legitimate, safe and secure. If you want to keep your coins safe, do not hesitate and get yourself a Ledger Nano S.
Thank you for reading, we hope this content was useful and informative for you. For more information, you can visit our website.