Quick inner navigation:
What better way to begin than with a little comparison.
As the name suggests, experts have compared Bitcoin faucets to dripping faucets or taps that drip cryptocurrency units rather than water. Instead of asking, ‘What is a Bitcoin faucet?’ the question that needs to be asked is how you can use them to your benefit.
Here is everything you need to know about Bitcoin faucets.
What is a Bitcoin Faucet?
A Bitcoin faucet is an online website that gives away a tiny amount of Bitcoins to the visitors of the website.
What do you have to do?
- You have to visit such a website
- Key in your Bitcoin address
- Solve a captcha code message on the website
After this, you can start collecting small rewards in the form of Satoshis. A Satoshi is the lowest fraction of a Bitcoin, divided a hundred million times of a BTC. So, basically, you will be getting a small share of Bitcoins for free!
The amount of Satoshi one can get can be as meager as 100 Satoshis which is 0.000001BTC. Or you can also get up to 10,000 Satoshis or even more!
So, why are they giving away currency for free?
This is because those who are giving away the faucets make money from it. How? Well, most of these Bitcoin Faucet websites have a large number of ads all across.
- When you open such a website, you will see plenty of advertisements.
- The advertisers pay the website and the website pays you
Nevertheless, some dishonest faucets place false ads of ‘claim your Bitcoin’ so that the user is taken to another website. It is practices like this which make people wonder – are Bitcoin faucets safe?
My advice is that you should be careful about websites that promise you a free Bitcoin faucet.
What is a Bitcoin faucet rotator?
The Bitcoin faucet rotator is, in fact, a rotator website itself which enables you to swiftly browse through a number of faucets without having to open a new site every time.
So, basically, instead of visiting a Bitcoin faucet website –
- You visit a Bitcoin faucet rotator
- On this website, you find many Bitcoin faucet website links
- Without actually having to open these websites, you can see what exactly they are offering
This to me is simply like reading the TV schedule to see what is happening on which channel, without having to actually turn on the TV.
Are Bitcoin Faucets Safe?
There have been no major cases of a Bitcoin faucet hack.
But it is better not to risk your personal information on these websites. Still, it is always better to be safe. In order to avoid a Bitcoin faucet bot attack, here is what you should do:
- Make a separate e-mail ID, specifically for this website.
- Enter your Bitcoin address – this is safe, you should not worry about giving away your actual Bitcoin address.
If you ask, ‘are Bitcoin faucets legit?’ My answer is yes, but you should always be careful. Going through an authentic Bitcoin faucet list is advisable.
How to create a Bitcoin Faucet?
Creating a Bitcoin faucet is a little bit complicated. It needs a good understanding of computer coding. However, a Bitcoin faucet can always be bought. Flippa is a website where if you type in “Bitcoin” under the category titled ‘websites’, you can see Bitcoin Faucets that are in functioning state, ready to be sold.
In short, the following steps are involved:
- Faucet script download
- Obtaining hosting provider and domain name
- MYSQL Database creation
- Configuration of API and Captcha Keys
- Opting for Additional Settings and Rewards
- Faucet Funding
What is the best Bitcoin faucet?
There are many faucets that pay well. Depending on the amount paid and the withdrawal time, I have listed some of the best Bitcoin faucets:
BTC clicks: After signing up with BTC Clicks, for every visit you make a minimum of 0.000005 Bitcoins.
- You can earn up to 0.000015 Bitcoins.
- There are no revisit time limits.
- The minimum payout amount is 0.000010 Bitcoins.
- Once you have earned that amount, you can request for a pay-out to your Bitcoin
Faucets – ePay.info: This is one of the highest paying Bitcoin faucets. It is used by a large number of users. For reaching 10000 Satoshi every week, you can claim the amount.
OJOOO WAD: This website is found on many best Bitcoin faucets lists. It offers several earning procedures.
- Users can take surveys and download mobile applications to earn points.
- You can earn 50% commission for every referral – that is, if you ask a friend to visit the website, you will get 50% commission on his earnings.
Surely, the website is one of the most popular, if not the best Bitcoin faucet. It is trustworthy as it has been online since 2010. The minimum payout is $2. What’s more, you can withdraw their earned sum to their PayPal accounts.
Are Bitcoin faucets worth it?
Getting a free bitcoin faucet is easy. However, collecting the Bitcoins is a long process and the pay may not be that good.
The FAQ whether Bitcoin faucets are worth it in 2017-2018 was put to our experts. The expert opinion says it’s a venture worth trying. However, they maintain that settling only for the best Bitcoin faucet should be the first crucial step for any enthusiast.
Getting a Bitcoin faucet is a great way for a beginner to ease into the world of cryptocurrency. More importantly, our site is the trusted source of all the information you need to get you going. Take a tour and learn more from our pool of specialists, whose expert posts will help you enjoy your Bitcoin experience.