Crypto Airdrops: Complete Free ICO Giveaways Guide
Quick inner navigation:
Who will refuse free money? If you will not refuse, then you are in the right place. Cryptocurrency airdrop may sound like crypto coins are falling down from the sky just like in the dream that every one of us had at some point. However, it is not quite like that. Crypto airdrop is a project or in other words, a procedure, during which free tokens are being distributed to the crypto community.
Its main goal is to award the existing crypto holders of a certain blockchain currency. In this article, we will dive deeper into the idea of crypto airdrops and try to get an in-depth insight. We will also try to see how is it possible to join an airdrop crypto, how can you become aware of the currently ongoing crypto airdrops and many other important details.
What is a crypto airdrop?
As we have already stated, a cryptocurrency airdrop is a process during which a blockchain project distributes free coins or tokens to the crypto community. Usually, the events are announced beforehand. Those people who hold cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or some other ones, depending on the blockchain, get a certain number of free tokens (it varies from a company to a company). Another way that cryptocurrency airdrops happen is through social media platforms. Usually smaller cryptocurrency airdrops ask for posts on social media or they ask you to get in contact with a team member of their online forum.
This second method is a relatively new way of organizing cryptocurrency airdrops. However, it is very common nowadays, as it appears to be a good marketing campaign for the relatively new crypto related projects.
A faucet is another method through which crypto airdrops are being organized. During faucets, organizers tend to distribute a smaller sum of free tokens. However, the process usually takes a relatively long period of time. This method is mainly common for various crypto centric casinos or promotional websites.
How to participate in crypto airdrops?
Most of the time, the participation, the distribution process, as well as the rules of various cryptocurrency airdrops, differ from one to another. For instance, some crypto airdrops may require you to sign up in order to get free tokens while others do not.
There are some referral programs that are often initiated by different ICOs. In case you are not sure what is a referral program – it appears to be a rather common method that promotes a product or a service to the target audience that is usually the group of segmented new customers. These new customers, later, spread the message through methods such as word of mouth, and indirect marketing. As a customer who is interested in this initiative, you will be provided with a referral code inserted in a link from the side of the company.
The participants are expected to raise awareness of the project to various suitable audiences and channels. As a participant, however, one should be very careful about the reliability of the information he or she is spreading. This is important because later on, it may create problems that can go as far as court cases. As an incentive for participants, the companies standing behind the ICOs usually reward such people with a certain sum or percentage of the total token supply.
If you are interested in participating in a cryptocurrency airdrop here is what you need to do:
- Get a cryptocurrency wallet that is supported by the company that you are interested in. After getting one please be aware that you should never share your private keys with anyone. If you do share if you put yourself at risk of a hack or theft.
- It is not recommended for you to use your already existing wallet and therefore you should get a new one for the airdrop for the sake of your own safety.
- Make a new email address for the airdrop and avoid using your regular email for airdrop registration.
- Be aware that some airdrops can be scams and therefore you should be well aware and informed before taking any steps.
- After the clarifications and a deep research if you are sure that you want to participate you should be aware that some airdrops may require a verification with a driving license or an ID (especially if the company is working with KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations).
- After going through the verification process you will receive an email that will confirm your registration. In some cases, the email may be directed to the spam or junk folders. Please make sure you check those as well in case you do not receive any emails.
- On the distribution date, you will receive the tokens.
- You should also follow the social media pages and the website of the ICO regularly to follow up with the news and see what is happening with it.
How to find crypto airdrops?
If you are concerned about the process of following up and staying updated with the list of ICOs that offer free tokens aka cryptocurrency airdrops, then no worries we have an easy solution for you. By following the aBitGreedy Free ICO Tokens page you will be able to keep on track with the fast-changing list. We will inform you about the hottest airdrops as of the given time period. We update the list constantly. Also, we provide some essential information about each of the ICOs such as the amount of the free crypto tokens that the company is giving out, the process of becoming part of the crypto airdrop and many other important details.
Why would they give us crypto for free?
Many people tend to be suspicious and keep asking the question “Why would these new companies give away part of their tokens for free?” As a matter of fact, the question completely makes sense. The answer may not be as explicit as expected, however, it makes full sense just like the question. The thing is that the cryptocurrency airdrops are a way for a company to raise awareness about the ICO they have initiated and at the same time a quite nice way to promote its tokens.
Thanks to the free tokens, people become more incentivized and more excited about a project and that is exactly what a new idea or a new company needs for being successful. The number of interested people has a positive correlation with the price of the given token. As a result, when there are many people interested in a token, the demand for the token increases and the price goes up. The increase in price, therefore, leads to a high market cap and generates a lot more profits for the given company. This set of events is often referred to as the endowment effect. In other words, it is a hypothesis, which claims that people tend to value the things they have more than they are actually worth it. As you see – yes there are no direct costs that are charged by the company or the ICO that has initiated the cryptocurrency airdrop. In fact, by the end of the day, you as a participant bring a big value back to the company. This value creates a lot of chances of promotions both for the token and for the product or service that is offered.
Examples of different types of airdrops
- Byteball is a company that started as an ICO back in June 2017. It does not depend on a blockchain technology but instead, it depends on the Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG). The Byteball addresses received free bytes during the airdrop, as soon as the snapshot was recorded. The distribution of bytes started 12 hours after a snapshot. The process worked as follows: if a user paired a Bitcoin with Byteball at the very beginning, then that user earned 2.44 gbytes. In case one missed the lucrative during the first rounds then that person still got 1.02 gbytes to his or her name which had a value of more than $250. As a matter of fact, Byteball has become rather a successful example and, as a result, it managed to increase the Byteball assets for 3 times since January 2017.
- The Stellar protocol is authorized and has issued 10.2 billion for the team funding and 8 billion for the people interested in it. At the same time, Stellar made a promise to come up with more tokens in order to organize an airdrop. This raised interest in a lot of people as the XLM tokens kept appreciating and a lot of people saw a big potential in it.
During the airdrop, some people have been facing some issues because several participants had their tokens on an exchange website which did not support the airdrop and they did not manage to get their tokens. Meanwhile, the other people, who had it on an exchange that supported Stellar or a compatible wallet, managed to claim their share. The snapshot happened in June 2017 and many people who took part in the airdrop sold their tokens right after receiving.
What to do after the airdrop?
After successfully becoming an owner of tokens that were distributed during a certain cryptocurrency airdrop you may be confused about the further set of events. Please note that the cryptocurrency airdrops take place during pre-ICOs or ICOs, which mean that the tokens that you get for free are completely new. It is very likely that right after receiving the tokens there will not be many or even any exchange platforms that will be trading the given token.
At this point, all you have to do is to be passionate and wait until the tokens that you own get listed on different cryptocurrency exchange platforms. During this stage, it is very important for you to follow the news about the given ICO and therefore you need to follow their social media platforms or their website regularly. Please make sure that you are following the official websites, social media accounts and not fake ones. Another thing that you can do is to follow aBitGreedy on a regular basis as we are always providing our readers with up to date news, events and other crypto related things that you should be aware of.
Past airdrops and their results
DeepOnion has turned out to be a rather successful cryptocurrency airdrop. In January 2018 it had a market cap of $ 89,236,043, which has been its all-time highest. Recently the token’s price has decreased and the market cap has gone down to $ 18,364,147. As of March 29th, 2018, the market cap for DeepOnion is $ 21,414,900 and the token price is $ 1.79.
Aurora Coin has recorded a nice growth in its market cap since the time it was released. It has reached $ 21,225,482 by the end of December 2017, then later on after many ups and downs, decreased to $ 9,470,878 on the 29th of March, 2018. Even though the token price is not very high and it is around $ 1.09 after getting down by about 7.96%, initially it was quite successful for the airdrop participants who sold the tokens right after because in December the price of the tokens were around $ 2.45.
To sum up…
The cryptocurrency airdrops appear to be very interesting promotional tools that benefit both the participants and the company. Of course, it is always good to be careful and well aware in order to avoid scams, thefts and other misunderstandings of this kind. However, not all cryptocurrency airdrops are frauds and scams.
We hope this article was helpful for you and it guided you towards a better understanding of this great opportunity. Make sure to follow our website regularly for different updates both about the airdrops of tokens and about many other essential crypto related topics. Thank you and hope to see you next time!